Recently, as you might have noticed, there has been a call for publishing the “Rules of Conduct” on the forum. Although there have been previous notifications posted on this regard, however, THE ADMIN TEAM agrees that further clarification and transparency is needed.
Therefore, THE ADMIN TEAM, together with the leading role of Albert Michael, gladly wishes to inform you that the “Rules of Conduct” have been finalised and for your convenience are hereby provided below.
THE ADMIN TEAM strongly advises you to take your time and review the “Rules of Conduct”. We hope and anticipate that “ALL PARTICIPANTS” will respect, abide, and adhere to the “Rules of Conduct”. These rules will be soon added onto the main page of “The Mesopotamian”.
THE ADMIN TEAM
“Rules of Conduct”
1. Mesopotamian Forum, is a no-nonsense and informative Assyrian forum that aims to bring to you a place where all Assyrians can debate, discuss, and read news about Assyria and her people both in their homeland or in diaspora. Mesopotamian forum will not tolerate derogatory, pejorative, bigotry, discriminative, prejudice, and hated-filled, or threatening remarks/posts.
The administrators encourage you to aim your topic on Assyrian Cause, supporting our people in our homeland, and supporting our democratically elected leaders. We also encourage our participants to be very mindful of our youth and have positive, encouraging and constructive attitude to promote our culture and our nationality as Assyrians.
2. Non for profit: The Mesopotamian is a non-profit forum and is provided to you free of charge
3. Respect the Forum Moderators: Mesopotamian Forum is maintained by Albert Michael. Moderators are chosen by Albert Michael. All decisions made by the Moderators are final. Moderators provide a service in their free time to keep the forums running efficiently. They are all volunteers. Feedbacks are welcome. If you believe an error has been made in moderation, or if you have any suggestions or complaints, please post politely and directly to the Moderators.
4. Adult Content, Violence, And Illegal Activity: Messages containing violent, sexually oriented, or illegal content or links to sites with this content will be deleted. The administrator will reserve their right to save such posts in the archive as evidence. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.
5. Trolling, Attacks and Flaming: These are always forbidden.
a. Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.
b. Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome. Moderators will remove any derogatory posts and such posters can be banned.
c. Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderators’ discretion.
d. If a thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion, as in trolling), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait comments in a post may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion.
e. If the thread turns into an argument, it can be closed to further comment or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible since we are a staff of volunteers with limited time and numbers.
6. Profanity: We have users of all age groups and of all tolerance levels where profanity is concerned. A language filter is in place to catch most major forms of profanity that may accidentally be used. Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter by using variations or slight misspellings of profanities.
7. Politics and Religion: These two topics have caused serious problems in the past. Although discussing our religion and politics are permitted. However, please be extra cautious when exercising your right to free speech. Under no circumstances the moderators will allow any post or remark in which undermine or is deemed disrespectful to any public figures including leaders, be it religious or political, to be displayed on the forum. Such remarks/posts will be deleted and the poster can be banned. Again, you can criticise, question, or debate any public figure, their policy, or action. But under no circumstance will allow you to disrespect our leaders or our institutions.
8. Links: You may post links to sites with content that is acceptable according to this code of conduct. This is most useful when explaining or referring to a topic and then linking to a web page with more information.
***This code of conduct may change and evolve with time based on constructive feedback and experience. It is our hope that these policies will foster helpful, honest, and civil interaction. In hope of betterment***
THE ADMIN TEAM